Drug rehabs are under scrutiny from regulatory bodies, legislatures, and the federal government. With an addiction crisis roiling every level of American society, the addiction treatment industry is needed more than ever. Rehab centers need to change with the times and develop new marketing strategies so that they can stay viable, relevant, and available to those who need them. However, providers are making seven serious mistakes in their drug rehab marketing plans.
- Google search engine results are a powerful marketing tool that is all too frequently ignored for listings on rehab aggregators or pay per click ads. Organic ranking receives as much as 60% of all click-throughs. An outdated site and noncompliant SEO can result in a penalty from Google and keep that page out of search results entirely.
- Bring the science. Addiction treatment medicine has advanced in astounding ways. Since addiction is now understood as a disorder that alters the structure of the brain, detox and 12 step will just not cut it any longer. Addicted persons want to know how their addiction will be treated and the types of therapies that will be deployed.
- Information, information, information. A rehabs website is its window for outreach. Provide potential clients with information on staff, methodology, location, blogs, testimonials, and even social media share buttons.
- Failure to evolve. Just as most smartphones have computing power that exceeds that of a high-end 1990s desktop, websites are constantly growing and evolving. The demands of security, a wide range of devices, and the need to compete in a crowded marketplace dictate that websites should be updated and maintained frequently.
- Relying only on word-of-mouth. Word-of-mouth is powerful advertising. Testimonials from people who have successfully completed detox and treatment are powerful motivators. Unfortunately included in the word-of-mouth packaging is a great deal of out and out gossip. Controlling the narrative and weeding out gossip takes an informative website and outreach.
- Failure to brand. Everyone knows what Coca-Cola is, and you are not Coca-Cola. Building a brand is more than slapping a logo onto the website and brochure. Branding builds trust and engagement even before a patient walks through your door. A full marketing campaign can establish a brand and build that trust from the first click.
- Failure to provide relevant content. When was the last time that someone updated your clinic’s Facebook page? How old is the most recent blog entry? Without providing relevant and current content, people lose interest – because you have presumably lost interest in reaching out to them.
Get a Professional Onboard
Drug rehab marketing takes experience and a special touch. Working with a professional SEO and digital marketing company brings your image in branding up-to-date while reaching for organic results that put you high up on Google’s front page.