Conversion rate optimization (CRO) refers to using user feedback and analytics to improve a website’s performance. CRO can be used to improve a wide range of website metrics, also known as key performance indicators (KPI), that’s more often associated with acquiring new downloads, registrations, customers, etc.
A Quick way to Improve Conversion Optimization
Here are a few quick reference tips to help you increase your website’s conversion optimization.
- Consider testing your Call to Action (CTA) on both left and right sides of the page to see which one works for your business.
- Find out the three top components of your organization’s value proposition and check to see if they are evident on your landing page.
- Consider testing additional credibility indicators on your website, such as stats, awards, reviews, testimonials, etc.
- How specific can your landing page be? Is it possible to run a product page in place of a category page?
- Find out the not-so-useful links on your landing page and eliminate them; they’ll reduce distraction.
- Consider using larger and high quality product images for more clarity, on the individual category pages.
- Can the options on your product be reduced?
- Consider using text in high contrast against a white background for better clarity.
- Understand that your customer buys emotionally but defends it rationally. You need to find ways t appeal them.
- When designing landing pages, emphasize on selling solutions rather than features because the former is relative.
- Consider testing pop-up forms vs separate page vs. embedded lead generation forms to find out what works for your business.
- Consider swapping right columns with the left.
- Instead of using white text on a black background, consider using the reverse.
- Consider moving the optional form fields into the Thank You page and allocating special benefits for filling them out
- Consider switching rotating offer banners with a copy of static value proposition and images.
- Consider using images in your CTAs.
- Check your category pages for easy and relevant filters, and if they are missing get them in place.
- Consider testing s two column vs. three column product layout.
However, the results from deploying one or more of the above online conversion optimization changes, may differ from company to company. Therefore they need to be used only after testing their appropriateness for a particular scenario. You could seek the help of professional conversion optimization services specialists for guidance.Have more tips or suggestions to share about how businesses can improve their conversion optimization rate? Share them with us in the comments below; we’d love to hear from you as well.