5 Factors to consider for a successful local SEO strategy
Putting together a successful local SEO campaign requires a close look at several different factors. Putting them all together will help you formulate a successful strategy.
What to Consider
- Your goals. Determine which efforts are bringing you the most value. Traffic reports don’t mean a thing if they’re not connected to your conversions. So track that down, says MOZ. Focus on the right goals.
- Your mind-set. Your background, training, and experience shape the way you think. That kind of mind-set is reflected in your site. So make a conscious effort not to limit your approach by what you know. Seek out learning opportunities and learn new things. Consider your competition in the industry. Yours isn’t the only site out there about shoes, furniture or books. You’ve got a ton of competing sites. To make sure you’re ahead of the pack, you need to keep your eye on the big picture. Look at what your competition is doing or check what companies are doing in other industries. You might stumble into a great idea, one that could completely change the way your business works for the better.
- Your information. Take care of your NAP. Entrepreneur explains that NAP stands for name, address and phone. This is one of the most important things you should look over in your online listings. The wrong information will doom you and your customers right from the start. And a false business listing could generate negative feedback about your shop or restaurant, one that could detract from the credibility of your business. Always check to see that these three details are accurate and kept up-to-date.
- Your customer interaction. There are plenty of ways you could reach out to your market. One of the most long-standing ways is via email. By sending discount offers, free eBooks and wonderful offers through email, you can easily remind customers of your business. For some, this subtle invitation is all that’s needed to compel them to shop for new deals. It’s also one way to ensure your business isn’t ‘out of sight, out of mind.’ Emails help motivate shoppers to drop by your place or to browse through your site regularly.
- Your reviews. People love to read up on reviews—whether it’s about a service or product they’re considering—before they spend their hard-earned money. It’s a wise and practical move. You can take advantage of this consumer habit by reaching out to your best customers and asking them to leave a positive, glowing review, note or message on your site. Nothing convinces customers better than peer-generated reviews from people who are looking for the same services/products they are.
Social Media Counts
Lastly, don’t forget to use social. Social platforms like Facebook help your consumers get easy access to you. Mobile users, especially, tend to use these sites to find nearby business and restaurants wherever they happen to be. Your business could benefit from taking advantage of that feature by enlisting in Google and Facebook platforms. That way, the next time someone’s looking for your type of business, your listing and address should pop right up. Not sure how to do this, or need help with anything else on the above list? For SEO services in LA, ask us for help at SEO Tuners.