With the growing competition, business organisations around the world are looking for ways to improve their SEO methods. Since, videos are considered to be a great way to attract prospective customers; most companies try and stick to this rule. Using Schema on videos can actually improve the SEO of any company. In this article, learn how you can implement Schema on your videos in 4 easy steps.
SEO or search engine optimisation is the best way to drive traffic to your web page. This is done by using popular keywords for the content, back links, images and videos. Using these ensures that the search engines like Google, Yahoo etc can find your web page and list them as high on the search list as possible. However, at times when you search for something, the search engine presents a list where certain websites have more information than the others. These are known as Rich Snippets and the users generally prefer to check out these sites first.
This is known as Semantics Integration and is highly recommended to make your website more visible. This mainly means combining Schema, which is also known as micro data with micro formats and RDFA. Wondering what Schema is all about?
What does Schema Mean?
Schema generally refers to marked text that is added to the HTML text of a webpage. This marked text makes it easier for the search engine to differentiate it from other websites which might have similar content.
Why Schema is Beneficial?
There are a number of advantaged of using Schema Markup for your website.
- Search engines prefer these websites
- The markup text enables the search engine to create a synopsis for the webpage
- It increases the traffic to your website
How to Implement Schema to the Videos on your Website?
Implementing Schema markup to the videos of your website is quite easy. All you need to do is follow some easy steps and you are done.
However, the most important thing that you need to know is the markups that you want to implement on your webpage. You can do this by visiting the schema.org webpage and check out the markups that are suitable for your website. There are also a lot of affordable website SEO services that will help you do this at a nominal rate. Once you have selected the appropriate markups, you are all set to get started.
- Kick start the Google Data Markup Helper
- In “Options”, you will find the markup types. Select “Video”. Copy the URL of the video on which you want to implement Schema and paste this in the URL section on Google Data Markup Helper.
- This will lead you to a new page which is divided into two parts. The left hand side has the webpage with the video and the right hand side consists of data items which include name of the video, author, published date etc. Select the data on the left hand side that you want to markup.
- Once this is done, press the button “Create HTML”. This automatically adds the marked text to the existing HTML of the video. You can now download the HTML code and make it live.
Implementing Schema to your videos is definitely not as tough as it sounds. So, go ahead and improve the SEO of your website by implementing this to the videos as well as other web content and enjoy the benefits of increased traffic to your webpage.